October 26, 2015

Fall Coloured Drive

By Harriet Fawcett
Valle Vidal
September 26, 2015

There is something magical about the time of year when the trees start changing colour and their own yearly ritual of preparation for the winter months begins.
The drive to Valle Vidal was beautiful. I feel most privilege to have witnessed the trees starting to turn this picturesque glistening shade of gold. The turning trees dotted across the landscape in clusters, when looking out of the van I caught glimpses of the beautiful flashes of autumn colours red, yellow, purple, black, orange, pink and brown all shooting past the window as we drove.  Time flies much quicker when you’re occupied with such beauty.


 


I brought a teapot with me to Ville Vidal. I wanted to engage with the landscape over the very British custom of Afternoon Tea. Making use of the resources around me I spent two consecutive mornings collecting rosehip berries and wild mint from the surrounding area. I reached out to the individual who told me of their location and invited them to join me for tea at the site where earlier that day we harvested the vegetation. I wanted to allow for another sensory stimuli to come into play while experiencing the surrounding area, allowing for our Connection to place to blossom through the use of taste.



 















Foraging for Rosehip berries by the stream




 














Rosehip tea in the location where we were foraging

No comments:

Post a Comment