September 15, 2015

Goblins After Dark

By Harriet Fawcett
Goblin Valley
August 28, 2015

Arriving at Goblin Valley, I felt as though I had been transported into a mythical land or a set off Doctor Who. As the sun started to set and the moon rose the few people that weren’t part of our group dispersed leaving only 13 of us at the mercy of the Goblins after dark. Once I had explored the surrounding area I sat for a while watching the moon come up. The Goblins created a mood around the valley, one where no one had much to say but with the occasional glance over to one another we all knew we were content with what we were seeing.  The moon was mesmerizing, giving what looked like a spotlight to each individual goblin. Once the sun went down like any typical folktale, I felt like it was time for the Goblins to come alive and they were just waiting for the human presence to leave which was are queue to head back to camp.





No comments:

Post a Comment