September 12, 2014

El Vado

Geneva Boliek-Poling

I think I experienced El Vado though my feet. Don’t get me wrong, the views were amazing and the clouds – forget it. Breathtaking. But what I remember is the surfaces that I trekked. The fine dust on the cabin floor, getting a splinter on the porch (sorry, pinkie toe), walking precariously across loose river rocks that were saturated with the sun and (just slightly) burned my soles… My favorite though was walking down to the river. The cracked, uneven earth gradually morphed into soft clay and from there it turned to peanut butter. It’s scary and fun and slightly discussing sinking up to your knees in dense mud, squeezing between your toes. Once you surrender yourself to the sensation, you never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment